Chapter 6 The Connected Educator


 Chapter 6 of "The Connected Educator by Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach is about how to create an online digital community and what to be aware of. This chapter goes in-depth to explain the use of certain apps and how to screen for people to join the digital community. It is important to check users' accounts for material posted, network activity, the number of posts, and checking for their names before following them to decrease the amount of junk within a feed. I believe this information will aid me in my future career as a teacher because I will need to understand how to successfully create a digital community to teach and learn at the same time. One thing that I really took from this chapter was that it mentioned being more of a learner than a teacher when on the internet. This really spoke to me because it is important to always want to learn and to be open to learning from various people in various locations. This chapter mentions that two people have differing opinions on what the maximum number of learners should be in a digital community. One says about one-hundred and fifty while the other says there is no limit. This makes me wonder because this chapter indicates that it is important to develop a relationship with the community however, with more people this can certainly be difficult. These are all good things to know if I one day need to create say an online learning experience for my classroom. For, example I could use this knowledge and create a google classroom for a psychology class and have open discussions and even debates in the blog areas. I feel that a digital community could help future students of mine by giving them experiences to people who think differently. After all the internet is a place for many people with differing ideas in which can help create a better world for the future.



Image result for digital community

Image result for digital community




Comments